Monday, November 21, 2011

welcome to coldwarscapes

This blog is a beginning at trying to get my head around work that I've been doing for the past twenty years in the general area of science and technology studies. What started as an attempt to understand how mapping technologies had changed over the past century has morphed (somewhat in fits and starts) into a broadened interest in reading and writing about ways that technologies coming out of the defense establishment have been transported into the wider social world.  My interest is broad and in spots deep, and my work has at time resembled a rolling snowball picking up found objects and incorporating them into my understandings of the world.  I will try to write stories here that reflect on my work and how I feel it is significant for folks like me who don't accept conventional explanations for everything we see, feel, hear, taste, smell or simply suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment